Your smile is usually the first thing people notice about you. Your expression defines what sort of person you are and is a pointer to the state of your health. A brilliant smile can ignite a room and make a thousand hearts flutter.
A recent survey showed that 45% of people judged other people by the look of their smile and 75% of people were not confident to smile for a photograph.
You could have one or more of the following problems:
- Discoloured or stained teeth
- Chipped or broken or worn teeth
- Crooked or overlapping teeth
- Gaps or Missing teeth which can change your speech and smile line
- Metallic fillings causing your teeth to look old and grey
- A Gummy smile ie. Your gums show when you smile
What is good to know is that no matter what the problem with your smile there’s a way to make it look stunning.
Yes, with a smile makeover you can get an amazing smile. But what is it and what does it take to get there?
A “Smile Makeover” refers to a combination of esthetic dental procedures that enhances the beauty and appearance of the smile, at the same time maintaining the harmony of Nature.
Therefore you may need a combination of procedures to achieve that special look. Here is a shortlist of problems and their solutions:
- Discoloured or stained teeth or metallic fillings can be corrected with composite fillings and tooth whitening
- Chipped or broken or worn teeth can be solved with bonding and veneers
- Crooked or overlapping teeth can be corrected either by braces or veneers
- Gaps can be closed with resin fillings, veneers and braces
- Gummy smiles are corrected with laser gum contouring
The first step is a total examination by a cosmetic dentist. The “style” of your smile should be visualized, discussed and planned. It is to be determined if you need one or more procedures.
The possibilities are endless. Imagine, in a short time you can have a makeover that enhances the beauty of your smile, correcting almost any problem. Even the most extreme procedures can be completed in 3-4 easy visits.
The end result? – a younger looking, more confident you, ready to take on the world!June 13, 2014